Thursday, April 23, 2009

Just Call!

When stories are old and the lights dim
And the memories fade and the dark days draw near
When empty days beckon for solemn sweet sleep
And you feel defeat knocking on your door

Just call

When the world knocks you down
And you feel all alone –
When friends leave your side and lover’s leave you dry
And the lows are you biggest highs

Just call

In the times of distress when you feel you’re a mess
And you can’t catch your breath
When the water keeps rising
And you can’t continue hiding
When the truth becomes a noose
That you can’t cut loose

Just call

I will be the tree that shades your dis-ease
And shelters you from the storm
I will hold your hand when you feel you can’t stand
And wrap my arms around you to keep you warm

When you find you’re afraid, I will show you the way

Just call

I will give you my breath if it’s all that I have left
So that you can withstand the storm
I will be your friend, even if it’s the end
And lay down my life to make everything right
Because I love you –

And all you have to do is

Just call!

No comments: