Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I am...Part II


I am an unbending tree
Unforgiving in my beauty
The child of Yemeya
A follower of my heart
A barrier breaking, boundary crossing, child of progress intentioned
I am the definition of success
A neatly packaged mess of passionate ambition
Free, yet priceless

I am the branch that hangs low
The fruit that springs forth
The seed that plants the tree
Rooted firmly in soil fertile with opportunity

Growth

I am growth
Spurting forth like stretch marks on virgin skin
Building castles on wishes and honoring a tradition of self
Becoming
Becoming a mirror
Reflected, reflective, reclaimed
Unconditional
Bound only to a spiritual commitment to see

To see

Beyond the beauty
Beyond the damage
Beyond a uniquely common story told in one act plays and dialogic monologues

I am free
A perfect soliloquy revealed in secret
A blending of souls
left open to unfold without regret
Lest, I forget
I am the child of neglect
Seeking love in darkened spaces
Seeking love
Fiercely ignorant of its residence within
Yes, I am love
Healed
Revealed
And free
Beautifully transparent and free
I am free
I am
everchanging
always becoming
and growing
and free
free to be undefined.
I am free...

No comments: