Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Gratitude


Thankful for the shoes that carry me on this journey
Down a road that might seem unbending
With bumps and twists and turns…leading me to a place of reflection…and introspection that sometimes wears heavy on my soles…

Thankful the words that express my discontent
When I'm feeling under pressure and overwhelmed
At the curve balls that I manifest through my power of unclear intentions…

Thankful for the song that plays in my head
When I'm dancing through the corridors of angst
That settle into my familiar contemplations of lack…of fear…of woe and of life's complications…

Thankful for the man that stands by my side…full of pride
And tries to guide me, even when I'm clouded…
Unsure and self neglecting…

Thankful for the woman that holds out her hand…even when she doesn't understand…
And tries to pull me ahead
when I'm head strong and hell bent on shutting myself out

Thankful for love
And the powerful healing that radiates from the knowledge that even in the darkness I'm a king of light...a rightful ambassador of joy…and entitled to the riches that have always been my birthright.

Thankful
For the ability to appreciate that giving thanks … is simply enough to be thankful for…

No comments: