Thursday, June 4, 2009

out of my mind


He was my love
And I rejected him
perfected the rejection so that his attempts became attacks
I turned my back
So that everything faded…
I faded
Into reflective surfaces
and I became soluble
Moonstruck
Blinded by the crash of life meeting death
Sitting in darkness
With nothing left
But the shackles
And the shrines
The memories
And time…
Lots of time
Blank stares
And distorted visits from memories of sanity
As screams echo torturously from my lips
But my ears hear nothing
This is condemnation
Crippling the space between the embrace of our connection
Severed
Separated from discord
This ward
With locked doors and restrictive wardrobes
Has become home
Surrounded by white coats
Stethoscopes
Alone
Unknown
Stranger
with eyes that I recognize
out of my mind
inside my head
lost in between
living yet dead
lost in waiting
for a savior to save me
save me
from the melancholy that cost me my sanity
he was my love
and I rejected him
without understanding the consequence
he was my love
but that won’t resurrect him
and so I go out of my mind
and inside my head
trying to find the space we shared
the moments in time
when we loved each other freely
and I don’t care
if it costs my sanity!
He was my love…
My love
My love is dead…

No comments: