Monday, July 11, 2011

Dearheart


Dearheart, fear not, for I see you.
I see you.
I see you … and all of your complex choices
That suggest loss
And absence
And fear
and an ignorance of the bliss that beckons you to be more than just a dream
And I hear you
I hear you.
I hear the multitude of voices that become your shield
Guarding you
Hiding you
Disguising you
from a reflection of the man you have become
and all of the trials you have overcome.
Yes, Dearheart, I understand you.
I understand you.
And why the truth continues to elude you.
But, Dearheart, fear not, for I was you.
I was you.
I was the man that chased a dream believing I was unable to be something more than a broken spirit…
A broken promise
Believing I was just broken.
But, Dearheart, fear not, for things will change.
Things will change.
And you will find the strength
to see yourself …
To see yourself as I see you; and to know yourself, as I know you, and to love yourself, as I love you.
To love yourself…as I love you.
Dearheart, fear not, for I see you.
I see you.
And one day, one day soon, so will you!

No comments: