Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Being Human



Everything changes – but change brings a reckoning – and the parts that were fragmented become deafening as they try to reconnect…I’m channeling a disconnection beyond my understanding – that stems from a life I chose to lead – my childhood planted a seed – and it has continued growing without my knowing how to water it properly…and so I suffer the consequence…feeling empty from time to time…lost at others…confused by the abandonment of love from others–

Mixed emotions course through the circuits that transmit feelings to the mind. This time…this time I can be honest about the thoughts that have kept me stuck in a cycle of distrust – there’s a lust for the knowing of a man’s touch beyond the bedroom – and it’s growing each day as I continue to remember love. I thought loving me was enough, but the memories … the memories of loss keep me bound to a belief that anyone I love will leave … and I can’t see passed the memory, to create a new dream.

So, today I journey on…remembering love and knowing the lie. I’m not just an average guy, and loving me, loving myself, is a wonderful prize. I can’t continue to remain shackled to deceptions that leave me tattered and worn. I deserve to be one with love – and to have all of the joy that it brings. Today I’m remembering – and it feels a bit melancholy – but I’m prepared to make this journey – so that I can be happy again – in love again – and understand – that this experience … is just me…me being human!
©2008 Jason Rivera

No comments: