Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Hello, My Name Is Love


Hello, my name is love, and I thought it was time I introduce myself.

I've been sitting in the wings, waiting for you to invite me in. I was there when you felt alone, and betrayed, and lost. I was there when you convinced yourself you were abandoned, when you decided to survive at all costs. I never left your side when you silenced your cries, and I watched you dry your eyes and continue to get stuck in the lies – you believed you were damaged. I was there when you buried the brother you felt protected you so, and when you buried the mother who you thought let you go…I tried to show you that pain isn't real, but you numbed yourself to the voices…you chose not to feel…and so the lessons became loops…the loops became fear…but I never left your side…in fact, I was always right here.

But now, I know you're ready…ready to become acquainted…
So please, allow me to introduce myself – my name is love.

We have so much to catch up on…so much to heal. I know you believe in my power…I know exactly how you feel. Allow me to embrace you, to eliminate all your fear – it can only exist in my absence, and I'm not going anywhere.

It's so nice to finally meet you…to see you without fear. The tears will dry in due time…as you learn to see things as they are…not as you wish them to appear.

Hello, my name is love. I'm so happy we are friends. I will be with you through eternity – so never fear abandon, for as I exist for you – I exist in everything – and that is something you are finally starting to understand.

Love.


© 2008 Jason Rivera

No comments: