Thursday, December 18, 2008

wings


I borrowed wings from heaven…
So that they could carry me to the last place I felt loved
And on my journey I discovered so many beautiful lessons
There is a power within me
A light that glows bright red
It radiates around my body…and illuminates my head
It’s like a fire I can command…
And it gives me a strength that I don’t quite understand …
And this intuition settles on the tip of my thought
Leaving me aware of the truth…
Love surrounds my every move
And so the wings I’ve borrowed are really just carrying me forward
Toward new experiences…
New blessings…
And the only question that remains
Who can promise me the moon?
Well…
Since all hearts aren’t built the same
I’ll be the promise maker…
Love myself completely
So that I can love someone else properly…
I borrowed wings from heaven…
But now I own my own…
So that I can soar without fear
And never worry about where I go from here…
And I am soaring –
On the wings of love
Toward a new precipice
Of love…
And true happiness.

2 comments:

Carmel said...

I was looking for angel wing pics for face painting ideas and the pic to your poem came up. I love you poem, it's beautiful. Thank you for sharing yourself with the world

Jason said...

Thank you!